POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Dec 2008 10:48:37
Message: <4936aa55$1@news.povray.org>
>>>  Why would that be?
>>
>> ...because every minute of every hour, hundreds of thousands of people
>> connect to a given ISP and get assigned new IP addresses purely at
>> random?
>
> Except they know the telephone number you're connecting from, unless you
> hide it and then some won't let you connect.

This still doesn't explain who the ISP is supposed to keep track of
several thousand computers all concurrently using their system.

> Check various communications laws, there's normally a bunch of provisos
> about providing information. How do you think the police get hold of
> telephone records?

OK, so they give the *police* that information. They're not going to
give it to anybody else, are they? :-P

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.test.com%2F&ei=Bag2S

> They know where you came from, what you were doing on their site, and
> where you left for.

OK, so they know I came from Google. They still don't know what I
searched for. :-P

>> (Also, what do you mean "sign up to Google"?)
>
> For personalised info on iGoogle, you got Gmail?

...wuh?